Our school’s mission is to provide an excellent education for all students which is deeply and distinctively Christian, and inclusive of all people regardless of belief, background or ability.
At the heart of this education are the Values of CARE, HARD WORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY and SERVANTHOOD, working TOGETHER for the good of all individuals, the school and wider communities.
Care – I know my life makes a difference
I am always growing in my understanding and awareness of myself and how my actions impact others. I demonstrate care for myself, for those around me and for the environment through my understanding of my impact upon them.
- Mark 12:29-31 – “Love the Lord your God, and love your neighbour as yourself.”
Hard Work – I am always giving my best
I recognise the importance of working hard to realise my potential. I do everything with integrity and diligence, with the full knowledge of why I am doing it. I know I am designed to work and to offer my unique gifts and talents, and so whatever I do I strive to do with excellence.
- Colossians 3:17 – “Do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.”
- Hebrews 12:1 – “Run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
Respect – I am becoming a better version of me
I am responsible for my personal development, for the way I treat those around me and the way I care for the environment I live in. I understand that it is my responsibility to treat others the way I would want to be treated myself, and therefore I offer respect willingly. I am a responsible and respectful member of my school community, as well as the nation I live in and our wider world.
- 1 Peter 2:17 – “Show proper respect to everyone.”
- Matthew 7:1-5 – “Do not judge, or you too will be judged… first take the plank out of your own eye.”
Integrity – I am upholding a standard
I am a person of integrity; one who has been honed and developed through my experiences and through the lessons of those around me. I will stand up for what is right even when it is hard, standing firm on my beliefs even when others are choosing a different path.
- Ephesians 4:14-16 – “Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves… instead… we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head.”
- Psalm 25:21 – “May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you.”
Servanthood – I know that my abilities have been given to me for something bigger
I offer service to others with no desire for personal advantage or reward. I know that my life matters and so I willingly serve others just as others serve me. In this way I can make a positive difference in the world.
- Mark 10:45 – “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve.”
Togetherness – I know that together we are better
I know that all are needed and valued and each person is important to the whole. I know my life makes a difference, and I am committed to being a positive impact on those around me and in the world. I recognise the common purpose I share with my school community; to enable all to thrive and achieve their potential academically, socially and spiritually.
- Romans 12:4-5 – “Each of us has one body with many members.”