Our ambition as an academy is to ensure that we embed the core National Careers Strategy of ‘making the most of everyone’s skills and talent for 11 – 19 year olds’ thoroughly, within school life, through both our academic curriculum and pastoral system.
Blue Coat Academy is dedicated to providing a vigorous and varied programme of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) for all of our pupils in Year 7 to Year 13. This programme is both impartial and tailored to our needs, confidential and specifically designed to inspire high aspirations and encourage our pupils to consider a broad and ambitious range of career options.
Who to contact
Careers Advisors : Mrs R Jones, Mrs J Garland
Strategic Lead : Mrs C Milbourne
Careers Opening Hours
• Tuesdays: 08:45am – 3.30pm
The Careers Department provision includes:
• Open access to individual careers advice and guidance from School Careers staff
• A ‘drop-in’ Careers Resource Centre with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment
• Opportunities to experience for the world of work
• Support for the processes of job search, CVs, applications and preparing for interview
• Advice on the best combination of subjects for different careers
Useful documents can be found below: