This area provides all the information that you will need to help you be prepared for your GCSE/GCE exams at Blue Coat School.
Please note that due to COVID-19, many dates and details for 2021 exam seasons have not yet been announced. As information is finalised we will update this page.
Summer 2021 Exam Season
Summer 2021 Grading Process
These are the documents that will help explain how Blue Coat will be awarding grades this summer.
- Key Stage 4 – Assessment and Grading Summer 2021 June Edition
- Key Stage 5 – Assessment and Grading Summer 2021 June Edition
- JCQ Guidance for Students and Parents on Summer 2021
- Ofqual Student guide to awarding in summer 2021
Further to the announcement from the DfE on Thursday 25th February, these are now the current results days:
- A Level, AS Level & other Level 3 qualifications : Tuesday 10th August 2021
- GCSEs and other Level 1/2 qualifications : Thursday 12th August 2021
Please see below links to the press releases (dated 25/02/2021) from the DfE & Ofqual confirming how exams will be graded this year:
Results Summer 2021
Year 12 A Level Results Day : Tuesday 10th August 2021
Year 10 GCSE Results Day: Thursday 12th August
Year 13 A Level Results Day : Tuesday 10th August
Year 11 GCSE Results Day : Thursday 12th August
If you have any questions/queries about your Blue Coat 6th Form offer, please email Mrs Henden or Miss Davoile who will be able to help you.
Appeals Summer 2021
- Summer 2021 Appeals flow chart
- Appeals Summer 2021
- JCQ Student Appeals Guide 2021
- JCQ Student Guide July 2021 Handout
These attachments will advise how the Appeals process will work for results from Summer 2021. Please note you cannot request a review/appeal before you receive your results and you have to request a Stage 1 Centre Review before you can proceed to a Stage 2 Appeal.
Link to request a Stage 1 Centre Review is https://forms.office.com/r/B9CmmmDNV3.
If you received a GCSE or A level grade this summer, then the qualification can be resat in the Autumn term. If you would like to resit any exams in the Autumn, you will need to submit a request via this link https://forms.office.com/r/YJNrkaiA3E.
Please think very carefully if you wish to sit exams and the impact this may have on your future path. The entry deadline for A Levels is Friday 3rd September 2021 and for GCSEs it is Thursday 30th September 2021.
Collecting Examination Certificates
Exam certificates come directly to the school and are not sent to individual students. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that certificates are collected from the school within 24 months of issue. Certificates not collected within 24 months will be securely destroyed and students are liable for the cost of a replacement certificate. Students are advised to contact the school to ensure that their certificate is available for collection before making arrangements to attend. When collecting certificates, students should bring appropriate photo ID with them, such as a passport or driving licence. This must be pre-arranged with the Exams Office.
Listed below are JCQ (information for candidates) documents. It is important that you read and take note of these documents.
- Information for candidates – Non Examination Assessments
- Information for candidates – Onscreen Tests
- Information for candidates – Privacy Notice
- Information for candidates – Written Exams
- Information for candidates – Coursework
- Information for candidates – Unauthorised Items Poster
- Information for candidates – Warning to Candidates
- Information for candidates – Social Media