Our ambition as a school is to ensure that we embed the core National Careers Strategy of ‘making the most of everyone’s skills and talent for 11 – 19 year olds’ thoroughly, within school life, through both our academic curriculum and pastoral system. Blue Coat School is dedicated to providing a vigorous and varied programme of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) for all of our pupils in Year 7 to Year 13. This programme is both impartial and tailored to our needs, confidential and specifically designed to inspire high aspirations and encourage our pupils to consider a broad and ambitious range of career options.
The Careers Department provision includes:
- Open access to individual careers advice and guidance from School Careers staff
- A ‘drop-in’ Careers Resource Centre with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment
- Opportunities to experience for the world of work
- Support for the processes of job search, CVs, applications and preparing for interview
- Advice on the best combination of subjects for different careers
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer.
Blue Coat C of E School welcomes contact from employers, education institutions, education charities, apprenticeship providers and, of course, parents and carers. Please direct an email to Mrs Hathaway through the information on the Contact Us Page.
If you have any questions about subject combinations, jobs or careers, going to university, employment options or anything at all about your future, The Careers Team are here to help.
Our Careers and Provider Access Policy can be found on the policies page