GCSE & A Level – Physics
Our core vision at Blue Coat is ‘Living Life in its Fullness’, which encourages all students to reach their potential in everything they do.
Our curriculum intent is to provide a broad, high-quality science education to develop students’ scientific literacy to better understand the world through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry, and physics.
Teaching and Learning
In Science we believe in delivering an ambitious yet highly inclusive curriculum to all. Our vision for Teaching & Learning is to ensure all students access the “full” curriculum and learn the breadth of content.
Our staff have high expectations of all pupils and focus on embedding our 3Rs:
All lessons focus on embedding the whole school Blue Coat approach:
- Explaining and Modelling
- Do & Practice
- 4forAll Toolkit leading to inclusive practice:
- Key words/Reading
- Use of time
- Chunk and check
- Appropriate verbal, written and visual feedback
Reading is an essential strategy within lessons. You will see staff applying the three reading strategies of:
How can parents help?
- Check Class charts for tasks assigned to pupils weekly.
- Communicate with staff if their child needs more help with assigned tasks or is unable to complete assigned tasks for any reason.
- Take on board teacher comments and recommendations.
- Work in collaboration with staff when helping their child to manage their learning journey and behaviour in lessons.
- Ensure their child is prepared for learning by checking their books and equipment.
- Look at their child’s book and curriculum overviews provided so they know what their child is learning in science.
Enrichment & Experiences
- Big bang Fair Live
- BAE Systems
- Jaguar Land Rove
- RAENG Worksho
- Science week shows in school
- Chemistry and Physics Olympiad for A-level students
- STEM events in school and outside school